Heritage and Conservation
Over many years, Central High Rise has built up an excellent reputation and extensive experience working on Heritage, Conservation and Ecclesiastical Sites, including work on a number of national landmarks.
At Central High Rise we believe the skill to servicing these types of works, is to ensure as little impact and disruption to the fabric and stone work of the building as possible; paying keen attention to the historic value of the fabric and detail which we are dealing with. Our skilled steeplejacks use a number of specialist techniques, including ladder and rope access and where necessary flying scaffolding, to allow rigging and de-rigging, inspection and safe working in these high, often fragile and awkward to access locations.
With our small ‘footprint’ of work methods, access and attendance is reduced to a bare minimum. While complying with statutory requirements our aim is to both safeguard and preserve the nature of the building structure, and work in a manner respectful of the client’s daily business needs.
In accordance with the statutory building requirements for these structure types, the Working at Height regulations and Health & Safety guidelines; our teams are qualified to inspect, log, report and record any conditions encountered. All remedial works are then carried out by own, skilled tradesmen.
Central High Rise regularly work on a number of listed buildings and structures and our clients include English Heritage, The National Trust, District and County Councils, Charities, Private Estates and Trusts.
Our varied heritage services include:-
- Low impact – Ladder and Rope Access
- Inspections & surveys of structures and buildings with stills, video and documented reports
- Accessing Towers, Spires and Steeples, for inspections and conservation, restoration and remedial repair works to masonry, ironworks, weather vanes, roof structures etc.
- Maintenance and installation of rainwater and drainage systems.
- Design, installation, inspection and maintenance of fall protection systems, including provision of access walkways and fixed ladders
- Design, installation, inspection and maintenance of suitable lightning conductor systems to BS EN 62305 standards.
- Rock stabilisation and restoration
- Vegetation removal and control