Wind Energy and Utilities
Using a combination of more traditional and modern rope access techniques, Central High Rise can offer a quality and cost effective service for the inspection and maintenance of wind energy turbines.
Offering the benefit of both IRATA trained and CSCS registered steeplejacks and lightning engineers, our qualified technicians have experience to carry out the majority of maintenance tasks required on wind turbines.
Our multi-disciplined services include:
- Tower access – external and internal cleaning and inspection
- Blade cleaning and inspection – via rope access
- NDT – Non destructive structural testing
- Protective paint – corrosion prevention and treatment services
- Installation and certification of anchor points, eye bolts and safety lines
- Fall Arrest Systems – design, installation, testing and certification
- Stills, CCTV and video reports with written reports and recommendations
- Lightning Protection – system testing
Utilities & Power Stations
Over many years, Central High Rise have built up both the knowledge and expertise required for working on Utilities Sites and Power Stations. These industrial structures usually have very large surface areas with awkward geometries that it would not be possible to access with conventional scaffolding. Using our multi-disciplines of steeplejack and rope access skills the teams at Central High Rise are well suited for this type of work.
Our skilled operatives regularly work on a vast array of projects in this environment including cooling towers, industrial chimneys, flares stacks, pipelines, large energy storage tanks, masts and lighting towers.
Our services include inspection, testing, and a multitude of maintenance tasks and remedial works to these large concrete and steel structures. Because of the complex nature and services of many Utilities Sites these environments usually need regular access at height. In these instances there can be an array of ladders, inclines and horizontal areas which need protection for Working at Height and Fall Arrest Systems are required.
Central High Rise are ideally placed to provide collective fall protection systems. A proper planned collective system provides safe access across a number of flat and inclined walkways, buildings, structures and vertical ladders, all the time ensuring the worker is safely clipped into the system until they return to the safe zone.
- Cladding replacement and maintenance
- Steelwork services and maintenance
- Ladders, Handrails and Gantries
- Lightning Protection
- Fall Arrest