Welcome to Central High Rise
Central High Rise believe that all clients should feel that they have invested in a working partnership that offers the highest standard of quality, safety and service delivery.
Central High Rise is a multi-disciplined Working at Height Specialist, Facilities Management contractor and Service provider. The organisation is a recognised industry leader in safe access, rescue and emergency retrieval.
The business was founded nearly 30 years ago as a traditional steeplejack company, but always had ‘an eye for the future’ with leading innovations in safety standards. These innovations and standards enable us to offer a number of Industry 1st’s and provide many unique benefits for clients.
With our combined tradesman teams of Abseilers, Steeplejacks and Lightning Protection Engineers, we offer the expertise, services and safety standards required of a modern day industrial climbing organisation.
Central High Rise remains the oldest steeplejack company in the East Midlands and still maintains its traditional values at its core; Integrity, Safety and Innovation were and are still at the heart of the way we work.
Industry 1st’s include:-
- The 1st company to recognise and adopt the benefits of the backup line system and rescue training used in the abseil industry. This was undertaken 8 years before a European Directive made it mandatory.
- The 1st company to undertake rescue training in real life situations in conjunction with the Fire & Rescue Services, Mines Rescue and Paramedics.
- 1st in Industry to receive an Investor in People award. We are now proud to hold their 10 year award.
- The 1st and possibly only Steeplejack company to adapt a formal buddy system through the Shared Mental Model for working at height.
- The 1st Steeplejack company to develop, patent and CE mark their own Fall Protection System.
- 1st Steeplejack company to train with the construction fixing association.
Awards, Standards and Innovation
- Central High Rise have won 9 Awards over 8 years from RoSPA , including ‘Outstanding Contribution to Safety in Working at Height’
- The founder of Central High Rise, Keith Turney is a fellow of RoSPA and has been awarded for Distinguished Service.
- Keith Turney has also been heavily involved with the writing of industry standards, guidance and best practice both for the BSI and other Government bodies.
- Our former Managing Director June Turney was the first female president of ATLAS - The Association of Technical Lightning & Access Specialists and is now an honorary lifetime member.
- Keith Turney has sat on the Safety Committee of ATLAS. since 1998
- Only Steeplejack company to adapt the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme specifically for Working at Height
- Central High Rise deliver twice the national average in training which includes:
- Safe Access
- Trade skills and safe implementation at height
- Rescue and Retrieval
- Shared Mental Model
- Our Shared Mental Model buddy scheme combines dynamically driven procedures with live signal to ensure safety at height
- Our SKYLOC fall protection system has various applications and patents including :-
- Worlds only Spark Proof Fall Arrest System
- A multi-route fall protection system designed to captivate the worker through all planes and orientations.
- Turntables to ensure that workers are protected across all areas of the working at height route and work area.
- A slide brake that will protect the work across a vertical and horizontal plane.
Central High Rise works with Integrity & Safety at Height
Quite rightly, you can expect an organisation that works for you to deliver high and rising standards; so Central High Rise have high expectations of our industrial climbers and steeplejacks. We want our clients to feel that they have invested in our services and that they can safely consider us to be partners in their projects and business. Our many clients include Local Authorities, Government Bodies, The MOD, The Emergency Services, The Highways Agency and major construction companies.
Through repeated training and through research Central High Rise ensure delivery of the highest standards of workmanship and safety when working at height. Our clients trust us to work reliably on their most demanding projects, choosing the most effective and safest way of reaching the work area taking into consideration the requirements of the Work at Height regulations and our long experience.
We work on all kinds of tall structures, including masts, towers, chimneys, high rise buildings, churches, dam walls, monuments and rock faces, undertaking everything from inspection, maintenance, demolition, painting and re-pointing to gold leafing and carving of "heritage" stonework. Our work also extends to subterranean shafts.
Typical Structures Serviced By Central High Rise include:
- Tall Buildings
- Industrial Chimneys
- Ecclesiastical Buildings
- Monolithic Concrete Structures
- Dam Walls
- Rock Faces
- Heritage Buildings
- Cradle Tracks
- Dockside Cranes
- Lattice Masts & Towers
- Subterranean Shafts
- Multi-Storey Housing
- Water Towers
- Wind Energy Farms